Let it Die

By Lily Scott



     (Spoken Word) 

 I sit across the table with a broken smile
 His head is slumped over the table
He is cold and shivering
 I've been here before  

Watching the love drain out of them
They sit in the corner weeping and pleading
I sit in silence begging them to come back to life

Last night he said he loved me
this morning he tried to take it back
I had put it so far back into my mind that I had
forgotten he said anything to me

They all do this
They love and then they die

I spend my entire life loving them
I no longer have a shield in front of me
I no longer feel the need to run and hide

They hold me for just a moment
my shriveling body begins to unwind 
my heart is mended but only for a moment

The flowers have bloomed in his eyes
the sun has risen within my bleeding chest
our lives are one, we fall in love 

boom!

I hear the thunder in the distance as i watch the lightning strike 
the earth begins to shake 
the water begins to rise slowly suffocating me 

The bugs they chew upon my flesh until he has overcome his bitterness 
the bugs they chew upon my flesh until i have left the island

I never feel free 
always chasing 
always losing 
always gone
i'm always gone

 He sits across the table with a broken smile
 my head is slumped over the table
I am cold and shivering
I must have been here before.

"Let it die," he says, "let it die."

You might also like...