We Met That Night


By Shelby Mills
     "I really don't want to go tonight, but I am the sober driver for my friends." I thought as I was driving to the party. My friends were already acting "crazy", if you know what I mean. Before I could even put the car in park my friends jumped out. Just like any other party I would just sit and people watch until they were ready to go.
     This was like a party I had never seen before people were screaming and doing the outmost craziest things. I just couldn't handle it anymore, so I went outside and sat on the long wrapped around porch. I sat there for awhile all alone and it was nice.
     I was starring at the sky trying to find the big dipper when I heard a loud fall and the a door slam. Jumped up to see what it was and it was Hunter Williams laying flat on his face.
     Hunter was the hottest guy in school and I just so happened to a big crush on him. He was a star athlete, super smart, and one of the sweetest guys you'll ever meet. He is almost not real. 
     He started to moan. I said, "Are you okay?" as I kicked him with my foot to try and wake him up.
     "Yeah, just a little dizzy." he said. He looked up and I extended my hand to help him get up and he grabbed my hand.
     "Thank you." he said.
     "No problem, I hope you feel better." I said. I was expecting him to go back into the party, but instead he came and sat by me. My heart started jumping out of chest. The guy that I had a been crushing on since freshman is sitting right next to me.
     "Why aren't you inside partying it up." he said jokingly.
     "I couldn't find my friends." I said. He looked at like her really knew the truth. 
     "Okay well... this really isn't my scene. I am just here to give my friends a ride." I said. "But I don't mind being by myself. I kind of enjoy it." I said.
     "Well, can I stay out here with you?" he asked.
     "Sure!" I said.
     "So how much have you had tonight?" I said jokingly.
     "Only two beers. I'm a light weight." he said will giving me a flirty smile. 
     We talked for a little bit, just small talk nothing serious. I could tell he had something to drink, because he was stumbling his words and swaying side to side, but he wasn't drunk. We talked for about an hour and it was really nice. His friends came out and they were definitely on something. One said, "Hunter look its Shelby! Dude congrats you got to talk to her." I chuckled and looked at Hunter his face was bright red. He was definitely embarrassed, but he owned it.
     He walked over to his friends and put an arm around him and said, "Well I need to get theses knuckle heads home before they embarrass me more. Thank you for talking with me."
     "Thank you for sitting with me. See you at school on Monday." I said. He smiled and walked away.
     Tonight definitely changed everything between us. 

You might also like...