The Spectrum of Love

The Spectrum of Love 

by Blair Colbert

Our love was a rainbo- It grew and it grew
We connected and created feelings anew.
First I was purple from the mystery and wonder
You seemed so royal and then I fell under
Your spell turned me pink and I knew had a crush
Then came the love and we got past the mush
Into yellow, we were cautious, yet happy and bright
Optimistic as we stayed up and talked the whole night
I faded to orange from the warmth of the fire
We were healthy, and excited, we finally rose higher
Into blue, full of trust, so peaceful and calm
I was loyal to you until someone dropped the bomb
That you cheated - turned me green, filled with disgust
The jealousy I felt forced me to adjust
Into red from the anger, the passion, and pain
I felt every time I heard that man's name.
I was thrown into black, Overcome with grief
The pain so was bad- but then my belief
In myself turned me white - pure, fresh, and new
Cleansed of the rainbow that died once it grew

You might also like...