Our Little Path



By Alivia Dupree

I cannot confide in the love I feel in my heart.
It sends me through paths
with an end I know nothing of.
I love to walk through the path,
maybe even run on a better day,
but I am fearful of the end.
You are my path.
Each time we speak
each time we kiss
these beautiful gardens envelop the path
the sun illuminates through the clouds
and I can walk with peace in my heart
as you pull me closer to you,
and we embrace it all together. 
But sometimes you disappear for a while.
Sometimes I walk the path alone
because I'm the only one that wants to stay
and enjoy the scenery. 
But the flowers are wilting.
The sun is hiding behind each cloud
not sure if it trusts the world to reveal itself completely,
just like I'm not sure if I trust you to reveal myself,
completely.
So here I am on this path,
straying off to sit within the wilted flowers
and wait for you. 
But I cannot wait forever.
I continue to walk this path
gradually drifting towards the end
I know nothing of.
So please be gentle with me.
If you return to our little path
with our little gardens
hold my hand, pick a flower,
and tell me everything will be okay.
and stay.
stay with me as we laugh
as we walk through this path together,
maybe even run
on a better day.

You might also like...