Camellia's Adventure


By Cheyanna Hemsher


I was walking to my grandparents house and I heard a little noise. I just kept on walking because I didn't think anything of it. When i walked a little bit further I heard it again. That time I turned around and when I did a flower was talking to me. I thought I was dreaming so I closed my eyes and thought when I opened them I would be in my bed.
When I did I was standing in the street and I didn't even know what to think. I thought it was very weird so I just started walking away.
The flower said "Please don't leave me I don't have any friends."
When it said that I felt bad for it so I ran back to my house and grabbed a garden shovel and a flower pot.
"I am going to dig you up and put you in my moms garden til I get back," I told the flower.
She was very excited that she wouldn't be by herself anymore. When I put her in my moms flower garden I went to my grandparents house to spend time with them. 
I finally go to my grandparents and the whole time I was there I kept on thinking about the flower. I was trying to figure out how the flower was talking to me. Was I going insane or what. I couldn't think of how I could hear this flower talking to me.
A couple hours passed and I had to go home and clean up for dinner. We were going out to dinner the one night that I wanted to stay home. We only get to go out to dinner one night a week. I like going out because you don't have to do dishes or clean up. It is all done for you already so you can just relax. We couldn't figure out where we wanted to eat so I just picked somewhere.  I chose to go to Cheddar's for dinner since no one could pick.
We finally got there and I wanted to hurry up and eat and go home so I could go check on the flower in the backyard.Of course since I was in a hurry the waiter was running behind tonight.
After about an hour and a half we finally got out of Cheddar's. I was so excited to finally get home and see the flower.
  When we got home I lunged out of the car and ran around the back to the flower garden.
When I was at the gate I couldn't see the flower and I was kind of worried. So I ran over there ,and I found the flower. The flower was behind the pile of leaves that blew over there while we were at dinner. When I saw the flower it was all down and sad.
When the flower saw me she cheered up real quick. I sat outside for a while and just talked to the flower.
I asked her " How did you get all the way here?".
" I don't know I was with my family then all of a sudden I was in a truck.I was very scared when I was in the truck ,because I had no clue where I was going."
We just finished talking about how she got there. After a while I went inside and went to bed.
   The next morning was Monday and I got up a little earlier then usually.
I went outside and gave the flower some water so she wouldn't shrivel up during the day. I said," I will be back after school and then we can talk some more."
" Okay see you in a little bit.", the flower replied.
After I told the flower bye I went and caught the bus for school.
    When I got to school all I could think about was the flower , just like at dinner that one night. I was thinking about it and I didn't even know the flowers name.
I kept wondering to myself what it could be." Cherry Blossom,Tulip,Buttercup,or Camellia" I was saying while walking down the hall way. Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy and I didn't know why.
My friend Sam walked over to me and asked me," Stella why are you talking to yourself?"
I felt so embarrassed because I didn't know I was talking out loud.
I told Sam," I thought I was whispering to myself I feel so weird."
Sam just laughed at me and said,"come on Stella lets go to class." 
   It was finally time to go home so I ran to the bus.
When I got home I asked the flower," What is your name you never told me?".
" My name is Camellia."
When I found out her name I went to the store and bought more of the same flower and planted them in my moms flower bed.
When I came back from the store she asked ," Stella what are you doing with all of those flowers?"
I told her," I am going to plant them with you so when I am not here or can't come out you have someone to talk to." Camellia was very excited to have new friends to talk to during the day.
After I planted them they talked all day and all night long. 
   

You might also like...