wE tHE CrEATuRE

by Tori Jackson

At a point I was hearing her, she drew me in like a predator carrying a treat."Go to her, go to her." My mind kept pushing my feet.
"This is Rowly and you just have to listen to me,
go, obey, do what I show you, love these words that you receive."
So I inched closer to the mirror, and the beautiful creature was pressing her cheeks.
Of course her cheeks to the gunand I wanted so badly to scream and run
when I saw the recognizable stranger
with the urge to put me in danger.
But Rowly said, "no baby stay, this is your fate."
Looking closer in the mirror and I see a smile on the way.
Is this me staring at me? I heard my voice say, "yes and this is me three, you will never be free."
What is it like to fear your very own presence, and feel there is no escaping.My skin crawled and Rowly balled and the reflection was finally reshaping.
"Tori I am the survivor, I am the conqueror.
you seemed to have gone too far into the dark, you wandererI think you've come to the end of your road and you can't take being a fighter
So take this gun Tori, you aren't the survivor, you're the depressive exciter.
And your head, it's starting to become less and less brighter."
Rowly screamed and urked me forward, but something pulled me back and flung me like a sword.
"Tell me, after everything, you would choose for it to come to this?Come with me and i'll show you what it's really like to live."
She grabbed my hand and took me to her mind, her head was strong and she felt like a sign.
"Welcome to my mind," she said. "It's beautiful, and quite strong, isn't it?"It was too bright of a mind to turn down, then i realized something big and felt Rowly frown.
The walls seemed so close to caving in,yet I felt something, making sure the outside wouldn't win.
Bright beautiful colors and butterflies galore
a field of daisies and nothing too dark to bore.
This, this is my mind. A hell of a world, I see.
What is it like to fear your own presence, knowing there's no escaping?
There is no being free.

You might also like...