Questions

By Cecily Salyer


Might I bother you with a few questions, it won’t take long
I’ll give you my opinion, so tell me if I’m wrong

Is there such thing as love at first sight?
For those who think so, they aren’t that bright
How can you know a person’s the one?
You must come to know them, that’s half the fun

Does love ever last, no I think not
It might for a while, but then it will rot

What’s the point of having your heart broken?
They take a piece of it, and leave no other token
Why risk such agony and grief?
When we all know that love is much too brief
I’ve seen love fall apart, seen it withered and torn
Tossed to the side, then replaced with scorn

Yes, it’s true that love can rekindle
But for how long, till you fall off that spindle?
New love can be found and the old just a mumble
But when will it start again, for this one to crumble?

I’ve heard it said love’s a beautiful thing
But I know other facts, like it takes more than a ring
It takes time and patience
Don’t go losing your head
Relationships need maintenance
And not just a bed

I guess I lied when I said I’d be short
But in the matter of happiness
There’s an endless report
Of people falling too soon
Then crashing sooner

In the way of the mind
People need a new tuner

You might also like...