Broken Hearted Mistress

By Alivia Dupree


In the blink of an eye
you were seconds away from me 
and our lips were locked.
          This is the happiness
          I've been longing for.
You held me in the night.
me.
Another lover in your arms.
But where was she?
Lacking the knowledge
of our soft touches
and gentle kisses
the darkness around us
was now within us.
          This is the guilt
          I've never known.
Your words were good
your hands were strong 
all the things I have known before.
I chose to believe 
I knew it was wrong
yet as you kissed my lips
I wanted more.
Now I'm left with emptiness 
as you finish our last night
for her oblivious arrival.

          This was the happiness
          I had been longing for,
          This was the the guilt
          I had never known.
          Battered and bleeding
          my broken heart yearns,
          you are the pain 
          that will always return.

You might also like...