"You Stupid, Stupid Alarm!"



By: Carolyn Morgan


I hate you
I don't like you
And I ignore you every second of the day
Unless it is morning
Then I am forced
To listen
And listen
And listen
Your rip me from my sleep
No matter how much I got in the night
And you yell and scream for me to wake up
Get out of bed
Get breakfast
Go about my day
I'm tired
I want to sleep
Ten minutes, I ask
And you provide it to me
And yet sometimes it's over
In the blink of an eye
Other times it's blissful eternity
But it all ends the same
With your incessant ringing all over again
And again
And again
And again
And I get up
And I go about my day
But I hate you, morning alarm
Because all I want is sleep
And the days when I don't need to set you
Sometimes you have a good reason
But I still want sleep
But in the end, the worst part is
The memory of the night before
When I took you and I told you
"Wake me up at this time tomorrow. I need to get up for school."
...

God, I wish I didn't have to deal with alarms.

You might also like...